The Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA) has launched today a call for proposals under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) for Transport funding instrument, which makes €1.4 billion available for projects aiming to build, upgrade and improve European transport infrastructure. The call deadline is on 26 February 2020 at 17.00 CET.
A virtual information day on the call will take place on 7 November 2019.
What projects are eligible for funding?
The call for proposals supports seven priorities of the CEF Transport multi-annual work programme for 2014-2020 under the General and Cohesion envelopes. The Cohesion envelope is reserved for the 15 EU Member States that are eligible for Cohesion Fund support.
Under the Cohesion envelope – €650 million
- Pre-identified projects on the Corridors of the Core Network (railways, inland waterways, roads, maritime and inland ports) – €610 million
- Safe and secure infrastructure, including safe and secure parking on the road Core Network – €40 million
Under the General envelope (all EU member States can apply) – €750 million
- Pre-identified projects on the Corridors of the Core Network (railways, inland waterways, roads, maritime and inland ports) – €500 million
- Deployment of European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) – €50 million
- Safe and secure infrastructure, including safe and secure parking on the road Core Network – €20 million
- Intelligent Transport Services for road (ITS) – €20 million
- Single European Sky – SESAR – €20 million
- Actions implementing transport infrastructure in nodes of the Core Network, including urban nodes and passengers multimodality – €110 million
- Motorways of the Sea – €30 million